A dental bridge is a type of restoration that literally bridges the gap created by one or more missing teeth. Bridges are composed of one or more artificial teeth and two dental crowns. Dr. Bhoompalli, your dentist, will place the dental crowns on the two teeth or dental implants adjacent to the gap in order to support and anchor the artificial teeth. A bridge is a fixed (non-removable) type of dental restoration, ensuring that it is a secure and stable replacement for your missing teeth.
Do I need a dental bridge?
If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in a row, a dental bridge may be the right choice for restoring your smile. We may recommend a dental bridge in order to:
- Alleviate stress on the bite
- Replace a removable partial denture
- Enhance the appearance of your smile
- Restore lost facial volume and shape
- Improve your ability to speak, eat, and chew as normal
- Prevent the remaining teeth from shifting in the mouth
Dental bridges in Duluth, Georgia are often created from tooth-colored materials, such as porcelain, to aesthetically restore your smile. If you are missing one or more teeth and would like to learn more about the benefits of dental bridges, we invite you to contact us today at Johns Creek Family Dentistry.