A crown is a type of dental restoration used to restore a damaged tooth to its original shape, size, and appearance. The dental crown is designed to entirely cover a tooth that is significantly damaged or decayed in order to restore its health and function. Dental crowns may be created from a number of materials, including gold, porcelain fused metal, all-porcelain, or composite resin. Porcelain and composite resin crowns match the color of natural teeth and provide an aesthetic, natural-looking restoration for your smile.
Do I need a dental crown?
Our dentist, Dr. Bhoompalli, may recommend a dental crown in order to:
- Restore a significantly decayed or damaged tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Complete a dental implant
- Strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Support a large dental filling when little original tooth structure remains
Dental crowns in Duluth, Georgia are custom made to fit your unique smile. In most cases, your dental crown can be placed in just two comfortable visits to Johns Creek Family Dentistry. To learn more about dental crowns and how we can improve your smile, we invite you to call or visit us today.